Sunday, February 13, 2011

Viva Valentines Day!

     I want to take a break from writing about the early history of Chesapeake Bay Christmas Co. to wish all of my friends, family, and customers a Happy Valentines Day!  Even though we are in the gift business  we have always rather ignored this holiday ...probably because it is a holiday that usually causes me( and a lot of women friends) to  stress over coming up with something new and unique and somewhat romantic year after year. We usually just fall back on the traditional stuff,  a card,  a teddy bear...candy! But you know what...that is OK! Even though again we are in the gift industry... I hate feeling like I have to buy something to  fulfill my Valentines Day responsibility. So as a gift business owner I am absolving all of my friends, family and customers of thinking they have to buy a gift to have a great Valentines Day. Give a card, write something from the heart, do something for your spouse or loved one that shows them you are thinking about them. Let all that is unspoken be the focus of the day!   
    Ladies we all know that there is only one thing that truly makes it Valentines day for our guys... and it is not chocolate! Now guys... we ladies need to know that you are thinking about us and appreciating us. See what you can come up with besides buying something!! It might be harder, but I would bet it would be much more memorable. I remember the best Valentines day I ever had was  when my husband left written clues all over the house that led to some kind of gift. For the life of me I cannot remember the gift but I will always remember the romantic clues and searching through the house laughing the whole time. It was the effort he put into making the occasion fun and  that made it special.   Don't let the gift retailers be the only reason you feel you have to celebrate Valentines Day, you know it is a day driven by marketing expectations. Set your own expectations and then surpass them!
    I have been inspired.... next year look for a small thought driven gift from Chesapeake Bay Christmas for Valentines Day. It will be something beautiful that you can write your feelings on to be preserved and kept for years to come! But you don't have to buy it...to make your day a special one! Just make it your day! Be in love!

Thanks for reading!

Lynn

www.chesapeakebaychristmas.com
www.facebook.com/chesapeakebaychristmas
www.twitter.com/chesbachristmas


    

No comments: