Monday, February 21, 2011

Back on Track or Just another Monday

   I want to apologize to those that have been following or checking in for letting a whole week lapse without an entry.  I threw a Bridal shower this past Saturday for my future Daughter in law Alex. I hate to admit that I am easily overwhelmed and needed to totally focus on this event last week!
   The fact that Chesapeake Bay Christmas Company operates from my home ( and many of my co-workers homes too!) means that I had a lot of moving of messes to do in order to pull off this shower! Since my office is always in a state of total chaos I  did not even try to clean it up for this event. I just made sure on the day of the shower that this door had to remain closed...preferably dead bolted if I could have managed it. My office is actually a converted formal Living Room right off my front foyer! If my guests caught a glimpse of this chaos my cover would have been totally blown!!  But my office is really just the proverbial tip of the iceberg! In order to throw this shower I had to reclaim my Dining Room, ( Santa Central...where we put together our Santas and all other construction of our ornaments, garland etc!) my kitchen, ( where all of my paperwork that is currently being addressed such as bills, marketing, and scheduling... amasses in many small piles) and my den  (where all of my painting of ornaments occurs!) Basically I had to move mountains before I could even begin to clean my house and pull off this bridal shower. The real challenge was moving my organized chaos in such a way that I could be able to go right back into production as soon as the shower was over. So everything got picked up and moved into guess where?....the office!
   While doing this, my anxiety level was constantly trying to ramp up and take over...I had to fight valiantly to keep it beaten down to a low roar! It made me realize just how much I have going on in my life...how many balls I am trying to keep in the air...and how many of them may be on their way to the floor before I go in for the catch!  There goes my anxiety again!!! But on the other hand it made me see how invested I am in Chesapeake Bay Christmas!...how much of my creative being  has been forced  to thrive under its need to grow and survive! I realized how I love this business and how it has brought me so close to my dedicated friends who are in this with me!
     Back to the original point of this blog...the bridal shower! I moved my mountains, scrubbed my floors,  polished my furniture, cleaned my carpets, decorated with pink and Tulle and flowers to my hearts content, and made some pretty decent food...in addition to Shawnette and Carolyn's wonderful contributions. I do need to say that without Shawnette's help on the day of the shower I would have locked myself in my bedroom and had a full blown anxiety attack! but since she was there to help...we had a very nice event and nearly everyone on the guest list attended! I met members of my future extended family, we took pictures and laughed and laughed some more. It was all good. I was happy that I did it and I spent all of the next day doing nothing! I am still picking up bridal confetti and eating pink chocolate kisses!
   Today I am back to CBCC business. I have emailed vendors and reps, called my working friends to give them 1099's, made my 22nd list for this month, blogged, made several business calls, paid bills,  spoken with two friends, walked my dogs, and brushed my teeth! and most important I am busy making my messes again...back into the swing of CBCC! I still have 10 more items on my list to accomplish today so back to work I go!
Thanks for reading!
Lynn
www.chesapeakebaychristmas.com
www.facebook.com/chesapeakebaychristmas
www.cbcc57.blogspot.com
www.twitter.com/chesbachristmas

No comments: