Thursday, March 24, 2011

Over and Over and Over Again

   Once again I have allowed more than a week to fly by without posting.  It has been a busy week for both Shawnette and I. We are working hard on different projects and keeping in touch by phone and email to document our separate progresses and setbacks. Having a home based business allows certain freedoms that  a conventional storefront or business location does not. One of those I am exercising right now which is working in my PJ's while my oatmeal and coffee are brewing in the kitchen. The downside is that your personal life is constantly interrupting  and tempting you to put your work on the back burner and take care of the things that pop up spontaneously around you. Shawnette and I are both a little ADD so it does remain a constant challenge to stay focused and on track! I feel like I just derailed from my original line of thought just now  so back to business....
    Shawnette has been staying on top of our foray into social networking and she has been doing a phenomenal job. This week on the advice of Charlene Saunders our mentor from Women Working 4 Women  www.ww4w.com  we offered some our our product to Freebies and  Giveaways facebook.com/Freebies-and-Giveaways  on facebook and were very happy to say that that small donation of product earned us over 150 new facebook fans on  and  several new visitors to our website www.chesapeakebaychristmas.com . We are also participating in donating prizes for the game night Charlene is doing once a week and that has helped gain us many new fans also! We are now believers in cross marketing...Thanks Charlene! Shawnette has also started Santa making...she broke the ice and made our first 24 Santas for 2011...we have finished the design phase and are moving into the hard labor phase!
    So what about me? I have been filling out show applications, finishing up our materials and supplies orders, painting special order lighthouses for a shop in Oregon, working on our website design..... but more than those I have been obsessing and working on my son's upcoming wedding. Last week I went with Alex my future daughter in law to finalize the design and furniture placement in her venue, then went to her final dress fitting, attended a bridal shower, did invitations to the rehearsal dinner, opened boxes of decorations that I was able to order from Darice ( a wholesale bridal catalog) and re-ordered the items that arrived broken, consulted with the restaurant for the rehearsal dinner, finalized hotel reservations for our family and several of our guests, shopped for the outfit (still don't have it!)....   whew it makes me tired just typing it!!! Oh yeah...and we did our taxes in the middle of this week also!! thank God that is over!
   After listing our accomplishments for the week I feel a little better about things...but we still have so far to go...but that is life isn't it? I guess I will worry when we have nothing to do on our to do list!!
      Just got off the phone with Shawnette...going over our list again as we will  continue to do again and again and again.  She just told me she  posted a special  for our Psalms in the Sand ornaments on  facebook.com/chesapeakebaychristmas  so please go check it out . It is a great deal!! and please visit our website www.chesapeakebaychristmas.com to see all we have to offer! Thanks for reading!
Lynn







No comments: