Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Summertime!

Summer is here! Graduations, vacations, lazy days, lazy kids, sweet memories to be made! So why am I feeling a little blue? Hmmm...
My kids are now wonderful responsible young men who have stepped out of their parents lives and into their own....and summertime revolves around children! I'm feeling a little older and creaky, moving a bit slower than I would like... Hot! Always hot!... But I want my summertime feeling back! I want to listen to the sounds, and smell the smells of the neighborhood pool, camping at the lake, sweaty boys coming thru my door looking for food and drink... Sweet memories...I want to go back and relive them... But I can't.... I have to move forward and figure out how to turn today into a sweet memory of tomorrow...? I do not have the answer to my conundrum right now. But I will work on it... Maybe borrow my neighbors kids... Wish I was closer to my niece and nephew...
Pretty soon the neighborhood kids will be playing in their yards and roaming the neighborhood on bikes and scooters... I will listen to their happy chirping and remember... and work on bringing back my own lazy days of summer. I will be thankful for what I have and find new summer experiences to look back on and smile.
Shawnette , Allison, Carolyn... Let's go kayaking!!!!

No comments: