Friday, May 27, 2011

Come on Jimmy! It's Never too Late...It's Never too late!

   Has it really been 10 days since we posted??  Time seems to be the most valuable commodity to all of us frustrated baby boomers...its passing is our greatest concern. I blogged earlier about time being the measure of life's potential...and that thought just adds to the frustration of those of us who have surely passed the half way point of our days on this planet... So now I am going to jump to the fact that I went to my first Jimmy Buffett Concert last night! Yea!! Shawnette  my partner in Chesapeake Bay Christmas Co,  took me for my birthday!...another frustrating event (birthdays that is) in the scheme of middle age!  She is a die hard Parrot Head who bursts into  Buffet songdome at the slightest  provocation  with all of the accompanying hand and hip action! She knows every word to every song and never tires of listening and living her life to his laid back beach philosophy. I was not a true ParrotHead...I have always liked Jimmy's music but not with the vigor and obsession of  his dedicated Parrot Head Legions! I believe Shawnette called me a Buffett virgin when she placed a flower lei around my neck in the concert parking lot! Being called any kind of virgin at my age was a little infatuating and that was only the beginning of an amazing night... If you noticed I said I "was" not a Parrot Head....but now I am not so sure. Maybe I am going thru a Parrot Head metamorphosis...emerging a little more relaxed about where time is taking me and how I am  going to get wherever I think I need to be...relax Lynn.... enjoy the journey!!!
                                         
                               Yes I am a Pirate two hundred years too late
                        The Cannons don't thunder, there's nothin to plunder
                                        I'm an over fifty victim of fate.....
                                but its "never" too late...its "never" too late
  
                         my edited version of a Pirate Looks at forty by Jimmy Buffet

Shawnette... I guess we can both cross something off our bucket list today! thank you for a great Parrot  Head birthday experience!
Always... your friend... Lynn

Thanks for Reading
Lynn

 In the spirit of Buffettdome
Check out our margarita time Santa @ www.chesapeakebaychristmas.com

Let us bring a little bit of the Chesapeake into your home and your holidays!

No comments: