Thursday, May 5, 2011

I just had it in my hand a minute ago??!!

   We are in full swing again. We will be attending farmers markets and street fairs every weekend from this weekend thru labor day. Check out our calendar at www.chesapeakebaychristmas.com under upcoming events. Our spring orders are stacking up and we are having to work at keeping up. I am still feeling disorganized. I think it is going to take another 2 or 3 days dedicated to organization before I get things the way they need to be for optimal efficiency. Of course that is really a stretch to think that we would ever be operating at optimal efficiency! We have just learned to laugh at ourselves on a regular basis for our loss of brain function and the huge amount of time we spend looking for things we just had in our hands a minute ago!!! Usually we have a least 2-3 of these conversations each day.... Shawnette, I called you to ask you something really important...but I forgot what it was??? I will call you back when I remember..., I was just looking at that catalog yesterday!.. It has to be here somewhere!!!, Where are the Assateague lighthouses?? I know we did a bunch of them earlier in the year?  Are they in the trailer??.or the shed??.or the office??.. or at your house??? Ughhh!! 
   When you are short term memory impaired it is imperative that your maintain some kind of cohesive organization or you spend way to much time looking for stuff! I am having to learn how to get organized and stay that way. When  I was younger ( I think that was just a few short years ago!) I could multi-task like a machine. I never needed a list and if I stored something in  my grey matter it was easily retrieved with just a thought! NOT ANYMORE!!...if anything were to happen to me I would be remembered by my lists! They are everywhere! they are piled up on my desk and work tables, they are in my purse and in my car! They are on the fridge and on my calendar and on the bulletin board! They are my lifeline! At least they are evidence that I am still trying, still working, still producing, and not giving up!
Thanks for reading!
Lynn

we welcome you to our online store at www.chesapeakebaychristmas.com
we bring the Chesapeake into your Home and Holidays!

1 comment:

Shawnette said...

Hey , Where's that list I made yesterday ??? I didnt get it done hahaaahaaa:))