Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Don't forget to Be Happy!

     This year has slipped away so quickly and so quietly that it is alarming! It seems we are working so much harder than ever before...without the return on investment that we would like to see. But we know we are in the best of company and that the fact that we have managed to stay in business during this economic downturn is a victory in itself. We do not mind the hard work...it is life affirming in its own way. What is harder about today than a few years ago is that the mental stress level seems to have gone up disproportionately to the work load. I find this hard to explain except maybe some of it may be mid life physical changes , along with empty nesting, layered with the economic downturn and finished off with lot of  media  and political propaganda  that's only goal seems to be  to keep all of us off balance at all costs. I will continue to navigate through it the best that I can trying to focus on all that is positive in the world. I  know that I will not find the positive things on the TV, radio, or in the newspapers...I try to take care of myself physically, remember to take lots of deep breaths every day, and try to get outside everyday and appreciate my physical world...look at the stars...dig in the dirt...feel the heat and the cold of our planet  instead of living  always in the  temperature controlled world that we have created for ourselves...disconnect from my devices as often as I can....It is so hard though!  It is a shame that we have to consciously be aware of and combat the mental stress and fatigue that has become ingrained in our life style... There does have to be a way to simplify and appreciate and be happy....I will keep searching...let me know if you figure out how to do it!
   Back to my Santas...they are a good source of stress relief....they make me Happy!
Thanks for reading...
Lynn
www.chesapeakebaychristmas.com
Bringing the Chesapeake into you Home and Holidays!

No comments: