Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Is it Wednesday??

   It is already Wednesday! A short week always wreaks havoc with our production schedule. Oh...that's right we don't have a production schedule! Just multiple lists that we scratch off and add onto with gusto. But it is still a challenge to get it all done and have everything we need in the right place to get it done. My house is ground zero. It is where all the Chesapeake Bay Christmas inventory is either stored or distributed. I have an office ( Ha!) a large shed and two large trailers filled with stuff! then I also rent a storage unit about 2 miles from my home that is usually full. Shawnette has half of her shed full in addition to one spare bedroom and overflow into the kitchen...oh I forgot to mention that every room on the first floor of my house has got Santa or painting projects going on. Kitchen table, dining room table, painting table, dining room buffet, front hall desk....all covered with CBCC stuff! I know it drives my husband and kids crazy! ( It has gotten worse since all the kids have left...I have stopped trying so hard to contain it and have let it creep into every room like a spring time wisteria vine!) Sorry guys thank you for your patience!
   Everyday my friends and fellow artists who help me get everything done come by to pick up and or drop off what they need to work on and what they have been working on. So my front door is is rather like a revolving door most days along with a phone that never stops ringing! Now that is is summertime  some of the kids ( 20 somethings) are home..or coming home...or leaving and then coming back with friends....or who knows where they are? What day is it?
   Yesterday Shawnette came  to pick up a few things she needed to work on some Vintage Virginia Santas. She had a small mental list of what she needed ( first mistake) so we went to the shed to get the first few things, then back to our storage trailer that sits in my side yard to get the  rest. We first thought the wine bottles were in a drawer in my office but soon found they were not....they must be in the trailer.
so out we went to get them....where we immediately started looking for the cardinals ...remembered she needed boxes so got those and then sent her on her way....without the wine bottles! This would not have happened 5 years ago...but somehow we have both entered that new realm of middle age short term memory impairment! I have been relying on Shawnette for years to protect me from myself and now she has dared to join me in my disability! Heaven help us!
   So organization is key ...and disorganization is our nature...it is a miracle that we get anything done! But we do! ...and we will...and we will continue to manage to meet our goals.   We will keep fighting the battle with our disorganized selves and now that we have added memory impairment to the equation... prayer is a wonderful thing....just another bump in the road...a small one at that!
Thanks for reading,
Lynn

www.chesapeakebaychristmas.com
Bringing the Chesapeake into your home and holidays!

No comments: