Wednesday, July 13, 2011

I love Mac... who knew how much!

   Sorry for the lack of new posts but I have had an unexpected illness that I have been dealing with. My son's dog Mac started feeling puny over the weekend. By the time I took him to the vet at 7 am Monday he was at death's door! His condition went downhill so fast on Sunday that by Monday morning he could barely walk and was so very ill...  I felt so guilty that we originally did not give it much thought when he stopped eating on Saturday and just wanted to sleep. We thought it was just a digestive issue or a bug or something....
     It was something!....a massive systemic infection that we will never know how he got it.. The vet is at a loss and he has been on IV's and antibiotics since Monday.  I spent most of Monday in tears....fearful that we were going to lose him. I had no idea how deep my emotional attachment  was or is. I cried uncontrollably in front of other people....I don't do that! I love my Mac...more than I ever knew! I promised him if he gets better I will take him on his walks faithfully everyday and throw his ball whenever he wants and stop complaining about all of his hair on my carpet and in the corners of every room.  I know he heard me because he wagged his tail when I made these proclamations! I have been visiting him 2-3 time a day and am hoping we will be able to bring him home to his spot on the sofa tomorrow. This has been one of those experiences that I never want to have again... but lets me know how much I really love my pets and how important they are in my life. I love my Mac and my Gizmo...they give their love unconditionally... humans are not so good at the unconditional thing...but  heaven help me if one of my kids ever got this ill...! Keep on loving,  keeping on feeling, keep on giving...
Thanks for reading,
Lynn
www.chesapeakebaychristmas.com
Bringing  the Chesapeake into you Home and Holidays!

No comments: