Thursday, April 14, 2011

BFF's

   Packing...I hate packing...because I have no protocol, no method.... just haphazard placement of items into a suitcase.  When I finish I do not have any confidence that I will arrive at my destination with everything that I need. As a matter of fact I am confident that I will most certainly have left out something of utmost importance. This I have proven to myself over and over again.
   Packing for the wedding weekend seems to be double the pressure. I certainly will not have time to be running out to procure items I have left behind. I must be thorough in and able to foresee all  possible needs for myself and my family. My sons and husband do pack for themselves, better than I do actually, but there is always that little something that they will look to me for. This time I will have it...safety pins, scissors, hair dryer, tylenol, something!
    The truth is I just called my faithful organized friend Shawnette and asked her to bring all the extra goodies she usually brings when we travel to craft shows. She is the one I always depend on to have all the details covered. Thank goodness she will be there to be my back-up this weekend too. It gives me such peace of mind knowing I have a BFF who will have my back. She is going to take on so much responsibility this weekend as we do not have an official wedding planner. So Shawnette will step up and keep all the wedding participants on schedule and on task...after all most of them are just the same kids she and I have been nagging all their lives anyway. She has already talked me down at least twice from small anxiety attacks...and she will have to keep talking as the weather forecast for Saturday is still awful! I am standing by yesterday's blog and having Faith...and if mother nature brings her wrath at the time of the wedding I will still have Faith.... in Shawnette and my other BFF's who will step up and get us all through it! Friends  are everything at a time like this!
Thanks for reading,
Lynn
We welcome you to our online store at www.chesapeakebaychristmas.com
Let us bring a little bit of the Chesapeake into you Home and Holidays!

1 comment:

Shawnette said...

Ok , Im not supposed to be the one getting emotional but if you dont stop writing stuff like that I am going to fal apart . You have had my back on more than one occasion and when I was ready to fall apart you kept me going so this is just a little payback !