Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Having Faith...and a Plan B

     I hope you will eventually forgive me for blogging endlessly about my son's wedding. I am going to try and be short and sweet because I have guests in my home and I am having a hard time sneaking in my blogging time. Right now my to do lists look pretty good and there really is actually little to do beyond the obvious... except have faith. We are looking at an outdoor wedding on Saturday afternoon in Yorktown and that seemed like such a wonderful thing one year ago when the plan was born...but now the uncontrollable looms large and  the weather forecast is for thunderstorms and rain and high winds! Of course we have a plan B... but our hearts and souls were never really fully engaged in plan B! So when we made plan B it was totally without looking closely at all the details that would be involved if we had to use it! I am not really inclined to start really looking at plan B because that would some how be like giving up...and saying that I think we will actually have to use it.  Are you starting to see the catch 22 situation that is presenting itself?
   I want to have faith that all will be well and that there will be blue skies and sun at 4:30 in the afternoon on Saturday. If I did truly have faith I would not engage in worry because there is no return on investment with worrying.  I am worried. Plan B keeps finding its way into my thoughts...each time with new details that we have not thought of before. If this is happening, then we will have to do that...but if that is happening we will have to do this...and on and on. But I know that the most important thing is to keep it all about the spiritual things not the structural details. The important things are love and family and friends and celebration....all of which will survive a little storm if it comes our way.
     We must try to keep the Bride from becoming anxiety ridden over all the Plan B thoughts that I know she is also having! The Bride and the Groom and their mental state Saturday will be the determining factor as to how everything goes...thunderstorms or no thunderstorms! Moods and attitudes are contagious so I am determined to keep mine high and light and fully capable of handling all Plans...A B or C! I am choosing to have faith, to place the uncontrollable factors like the weather where they belong, in God's hands. That will leave mine free for whatever...even if it is an umbrella!
Thanks for reading ,
Lynn

   Welcome to our online store www.chesapeakebaychristmas.com
We want to bring a little bit of the Chesapeake into your Home and Holidays!

No comments: