Thursday, April 21, 2011

Wedding Day... part 6...Dancing in the Dark!



    
   The music was now in full swing...Matt and Alex had had their first dance and it was fabulous! The other planned dances had been aborted due to the lights out conditions. The dance floor was alive with beautiful 20 somethings( generation Y) celebrating ...something they do very well by the way!  I had just happened to look out the window to see a very conspicuous "cloud" across the river that looked suspiciously like many I had seen before in Oklahoma. It was a dark solid mass...a wall cloud was what they were called...massive... reaching down almost touching the ground . Others must have been concerned too because just as my nephew announced there was a tornado warning in Gloucester, others started coming forward with the news. The music played on! I started out to the tent to bring the brave (or foolish) souls who were out there into the building. Of course it was mostly men and they all assured me that they were watching and they were safe...not to worry...it would be OK!  I heard statements like "tornadoes don't cross water!"  I thought...Yeah right let's stake our lives on that one!

     My concerns were overruled and I took myself back inside to wait it out...why worry?...the music was so enticing...everyone was dancing...young old and in between...so....I joined them! We were celebrating with a vengeance ...storm or no storm... this party could not be stopped!  Of course we did not know that at that moment the storm was  destroying a middle school 5 miles away and taking lives of innocents in their Gloucester homes. We did not know that. We are so sorry for that today and offer our prayers for those who were affected. We only knew that we were not in control and that we were happy and  that  the storm was moving away from us...we partied on!  Baby Boomers along with generations X,Y and Z!!..we were united in our celebration of Matt and Alex's nuptials...we were  all dancing in the dark!  Go Carter!...Go Carter!... Go Carter!...  my 5 year old nephew...(generation Z) he  had the moves...he was amazing! and Elizabeth you were so beautiful and so grown up!
 
    Our DJ Amanda   (http://www.fatcatdjandkaraoke.com/ was great. She did not miss a beat. She kept the party going as if it was any other normal event. The catering staff did the same...our two bartenders kept pouring...out in the tent with no concern for the weather. The waitstaff had smiles serving in the dark, cleaning up and whatever needed to be done! Everyone was high on the celebration and the weather and the candlelight! My mom said she thought maybe someone had drugged the food because everyone was so crazy happy!  I am sure the alcohol had something to do with it but it was so much more...it was energy without bounds! It was a storm that left us untouched...it was Plan B that morphed into plan C and then went on to incredibly surpass plan A...it was Memorable...Memorable!
to be continued ...Calm after the storm!

Pictures will be coming!!! Check back... go back and catch up if you have missed posts!

Thanks so much for reading!
Lynn

we welcome you to our online store http://www.chesapeakebaychristmas.com/

bringing the Chesapeake to you Home and Holidays!

2 comments:

Shawnette said...

I dont think I have ever danced that much in my life !! It was sooo Much fun ..

Charlene said...

It sounds like so much fun. You make me want to be there!