Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Roll Tide!

   I am experiencing bloggers block...so I am probably going to ramble a bit  hoping some inspiration will come. I have joined the Ultimate Blog Challenge which does just what it says...challenges me to blog 30 straight days in a row. I joined knowing that these next two weeks will probably be the busiest of the year with wedding plans for my son and his Fiance'...lots of out of town guests coming...Chesapeake Bay Christmas rolling along...list after list...so why not add a daily blog to the pile?
    I have always found that when I am the busiest and the most stressed that that is when I seem to get my best ideas. When  there is stress and stuff that cannot be controlled in my life somehow something wonderful always takes root... perhaps to bloom later...but nevertheless it takes root. So when I feel overwhelmed I try to take a deep breath and know that there will be some really good things that will come from it. Does this sound really weird? It does...maybe even a little bi-polar, but it is a positive  force in my life. When things seem to be at their worst or most stressful,  rather than despair taking over, an amazing energy seems to emerge and carry me through the crisis. This energy brings with it  a creativity that blesses me with  inspiration and a wealth of new ideas.
    I am sure this energy evolves as a form of self preservation but in the end it provides release from that same stress that caused it. Good springing from bad, clouds with silver lining, always darkest before the dawn....all of those phrases kind of elude to this. So I am learning to not fear the downturns in life or the busy times of life so much. I know they will bring a lot of wonderful blessings with them and it will be up to me to recognize them and put them into action.
   I saw a phrase that I fell in love with a couple of years ago during one of those very stressful periods...and it said  " The lowest ebb is the turn of the Tide".  Isn't that an awesome thought!  I immediately painted it on a crab shell and a sand dollar  to add to Chesapeake Bay Christmas Co's Coastal ornament line....a good idea right! Count your blessings...especially when you don't feel like there are many to count! Do not fear the next thing around the corner but embrace it and squeeze out every bit of crazy energy that it has to offer!  Right now the stress and the blessings are flowing, so I expect the tide will be rolling in soon!
Thanks for reading!
    I want to dedicate this blog to my brother John...one of the busiest, energetic creative people I know!
Lynn
www.chesapeakebaychristmas.com

1 comment:

Kifayat said...

Hi Lynn, I've known some people to thrive on stress - your situation is not weird at all. Good luck with the wedding plans for your son.