Sunday, April 3, 2011

Coming soon...A Chesapeake Bay Wedding...A Bountiful Bay Wedding

   I spent the afternoon in Yorktown, VA with my future daughter-in-law Alex and her mom Melissa. We were there to listen to the violinist that will play at the wedding, and make the final music selections. We met the violinist in the Riverwalk area and we sat at the edge of the water while she played. It was really magical listening to that beautiful instrument play the traditional wedding selections with the York river and blue sky as our backdrop.I felt my first twinge of tears trying to make their way onto my face. It surprised me.
   This wedding is so special in so many ways. It is our first born son getting married so everything is new and exciting. His fiance' Alex is a beautiful young woman who we already feel is a member of our family. They have been together since becoming high school sweethearts 8 years ago and they have been committed to each other since then. They have done such a great job planning and executing every detail of this upcoming wedding.
   Everything is going to be simple and elegant and understated...and they have chosen a most wonderful backdrop for their ceremony...the mouth of the Chesapeake Bay at Historical Yorktown. It is so beautiful and it reminds me why I love what I do at the Chesapeake Bay Christmas Co so much. This Bay and all the history that has defined it  lends a proud elegance to its beauty. You feel that you are standing on hallowed ground looking out on the same sight that those who have gone before you have shared. This is the feeling that I hold onto when I am designing our Chesapeake Bay Santas and ornaments....proud, elegant and bountiful....full of stories, full of life, full of the our very earliest history. It makes me so happy my son  and his bride will begin their journey on the banks of the York River where our country began its proud journey to  become a great example of freedom to the rest of the world. What kind of Karma is that!
Thanks for reading
Lynn
www.chesapeakebaychristmas.com
www.twitter.com/chesbachristmas
www.facebook.com/chesapeakebaychristmas

No comments: